Top 10 Classic Children’s Catholic Prayers
“Train up a child in the way he should go: and when he is old, he will not depart from it.”
– Proverbs 22:6
Instilling the Faith and Love of Christ is vital to raising your little one to know the Lord at an early age. The Bible tells us to have childlike faith. What better way to have the faith of a child, then the faith of a child? Start ’em off young. Start ’em right! Here are 10 traditional prayers to teach your children:
- The Sign of the Cross: In the name of the Father, and Son and the Holy Spirit. Amen.
- The Lord’s Prayer: Our Father, Who art in Heaven, hallowed be Thy name; Thy Kingdom come, Thy will be done on earth as it is in Heaven. Give us this day our daily bread; and forgive us our trespasses as we forgive those who trespass against us; and lead us not into temptation, but deliver us from evil. Amen.
- Hail Mary or the Angelic Salutation: Hail Mary full of Grace, the Lord is with thee. Blessed are thou among women and blessed is the fruit of thy womb Jesus. Holy Mary Mother of God, pray for us sinners now and at the hour of our death Amen.
- The Glory Be: Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.
- To The Guardian Angel: Angel of God, my Guardian dear, to whom God’s love commits me here, ever this day be at my side, to light, and guard, to rule and guide. Amen.
- To St. Michael the Archangel: St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle. Be our defense against the wickedness and snares of the Devil. May God rebuke him, we humbly pray, and do thou, O Prince of the heavenly hosts, by the power of God, thrust into hell Satan, and all the evil spirits, who prowl about the world seeking the ruin of souls. Amen.
- Now I Lay Me Down to Sleep: Now I lay me down to sleep, I pray the Lord my soul to keep. If I should die before I wake, I pray the Lord my soul to take. Amen.
- May the Lord Bless You and Keep You: May the Lord bless you and keep you. May the Lord shine His face upon you and be gracious to you. May the Lord turn His countenance upon you and give you peace. Amen.
- Prayer Before Meals: Bless us Oh Lord, and these thy gifts, which we are about to receive, from thy bounty, through Christ, Our Lord. Amen.
- Prayer After Meals: For these and all His mercies, God’s holy name be praised, through Christ our Lord. Amen.